Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It Feels Like Spring!

It is so beautiful outside...It feels and looks like Spring! Which makes me feel alive, invigorated and carefree. I love spring. I love everything about it...sunshine, blue skies and courageous crocus.

Spring reminds me of a new beginning. I can begin again - I can re-create myself in any way. I feel empowered to re-create my physical body from the inside out. I am so excited! I am really good at watching what I eat, except on the weekends (see previous blog post). I am much better at finding time to exercise and it feels so good. My heart monitor helps me stay within my exercising heart rate and I feel good- not exhausted when I'm finished. Yesterday I walked for 60 minutes on my treadmill. I listened to a book on tape and found it relaxing and invigorating at the same time. I really don't care about losing a lot of weight. It is more important to me to have cardiovascular endurance. I am losing some body fat- although that is hard to measure and hard to see the results. I really want to lose the rolls on my tummy. I can't wait to bend over and not feel my tummy pop over the waist on my jeans. I also want to get rid of the muffin tops on my back side. Those not so little 'puffy things' that sit on top of my jeans...

My husband loves my muffin tops but I could easily do without them. Speaking of my husband, Randy has started exercising more consistently and is watching what he eats a bit more. Actually, I think my entire family is being a bit more conscientious. Randy and my son Dallin (14) workout with weights almost everyday. They rotate muscle groups each day and are looking good. Dallin's body type is lean so his muscle definition is easily seen. Randy on the other hand is more stocky and solid. I'm sure, given time and exercise, we will see his muscle definition too. He is working on his diet. He is still not convinced that an appropriate portion size of pasta is 1/2 cup...but I'm still working with him. :)

Speaking of family- let me tell you about me and my family. I am 52 years old- but I feel like I am 22! I feel so young inside it is a mystery to me that the calendar says 52. I have 5 Kelly Kids. 4 boys and 1 girl. My daughter, is 25 then I have 3 sons...22, 19 & 14. (my oldest son, Cole died 5 years ago ) Six years ago, I married the love of my life- Randy. He is a gem! He fits perfectly...we love him & he loves us! We love being active- golf, tennis, ping pong (winter tennis), bike riding, walking, hiking. We love being outside and doing fun things.

I am an inspirational & motivational keynote speaker and trainer. I own my own business and work from my home office. I love what I do and I feel so blessed to have positively influenced, inspired and helped 1000's of people. I am living my dream.

Being in this 100 day challenge has reminded me how difficult it is to change behavior that I have been doing for a long time- the very thing I try to inspire people to do. I am learning and re-learning principles that are necessary to make lasting positive changes in my life. I am looking forward to sharing my story with my audiences.

Well, its time to put dinner together for my family. I am doing wonderfully! I am inspired and encouraged by the success of others. A few weeks ago, after our nutition class- one of the ladies said, "I don't really care how much I lose. I don't care if I win first place. I'm just so happy to be doing something good for my body. When its over, 'We're all WINNERS!'"

I agreed wholeheartedly!

Until next time,
Keeping smiling, Think SPRING, & Think Happy Thoughts
Love ya'
Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment