Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekends are Wild!

The weekends are the hardest for me to keep to my plan. Everyone is home and they eat anything and everything they want. I realized on Saturday - watching my boys and husband eat whatever they wanted and whenever they wanted lowered my resistance. On weekdays no one is home during the day so I have no trouble staying focused. But the weekends are wild! My family wants to order pizza, drink pop and pop popcorn! I love pizza, pop & popcorn! It takes a HUGE amount of will power for me to eat a 4 x 3 inch slice of pizza, drink water and pass on the buttered popcorn and eat plain popcorn- and measure it too boot!

Exercising is hard for me to fit in on the weekends. I have so many things I want to do- run errands, clean up and visit with my family. Yesterday at 8pm I realized I hadn't exercised- as I was getting dressed my son called, "Mom, do you want to go to the Ballroom dancing competition at BYU- I have an extra ticket?" I love ballroom dancing! Without giving exercise a second thought I said, "YES!"

Today, I am going to work a little longer than normal to make up for my wild weekend! I love thinking about my heart getting stronger and my body getting leaner. I know every little bit helps! I am encouraged by the scale...I have lost around 8 pounds. My clothes fit better but most important I feel better! This week I am adding yoga to my routine. I want to improve my flexibility. As summer appoaches I am looking forward to playing golf. I have a feeling my body will flow better which can't help but improve my swing and my game. I also love tennis. My heart will be stronger and I will be stronger. I'm going to start working on my backhand. As a family we love playing tennis- we always have a fun time.

As I close, I am reminded of the words, my 84 year old friend Cyntha told me last year. She said, "Our bodies are meant to MOVE." Cyntha spent her life teaching Physical Education classes at BYU. Her words and her example are an inspiration to me. At 84 she is lean, active and fiesty- everything I strive to be!

Until next time...
MOVE your body, eat lots of fruit & vegetables and think happy thoughts
Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment